1/02/2014

It's the year to be grateful.

I ended my last post with a hope to be positive in the new year, and I think I've found just the project to help me with that goal.

A few months ago, I saw this video on the good old internet:



I found it interesting that gratitude contributes to how much happiness you have in your life, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. 

When I was little and had trouble falling asleep, my dad would tell me to count my blessings. "You'll fall asleep before you've counted them all," he'd say. And he was right. Lately, I've been focusing on the things that are difficult in my life instead of the things that are good. And you know what? It's getting me nowhere. Fast. So I'm going to change that. Starting right here, starting right now.

Today, a friend posted this video, and it seemed like the perfect way to incorporate gratitude into my daily life. Just as Hailey Bartholomew did, I will take and post one picture every day of something I'm thankful for as a reminder of all the good things in my life. I've made a new page for it on this blog which you can find by clicking on the tab "365 Grateful" located at the top of my blog, or you can click right here.

The first two...

January 1, 2014
I am grateful for the delicious omelets my husband makes for weekend brunch.

January 2, 2014
For the sun that breaks through the clouds,
turning a rainy morning into a pleasant afternoon.
And with that I wish you a wonderful new year. Bring on the gratitude and happiness will follow!



2 comments: